In the course of providing services to a user whether as an individual customer or on behalf of an institutional customer, KIS may be required to collect personal information from the user. This information is an important basis for us to provide the best service to our users. KIS also recognizes that we must use and preserve this information appropriately.
- General provisions
- This policy does not apply when KIS accesses information in another form, such as when the user transacts with an employee at a branch/transaction office or communicates by phone. In this case, other privacy policies will apply.
- This policy also does not apply to information that users provide to third-party websites that display KIS online advertisements or visit third-party websites which KIS does not operate or control. Please read the privacy policies and terms and conditions of third-party websites and consider whether they adequately protect the interests of users.
- Scope of collection
- The personal information that KIS collects about the user is mainly information when the user voluntarily fills in the account registration form or other forms and documents that the user provides to KIS during transaction.
- We also collect information about users’ transactions and activities with KIS in connection with the products and services provided by KIS. In addition, depending on the products and services requested by the user, KIS may receive additional information about the user.
- The above information may include: Full name, address and other contact details; age, occupation, marital status; extensive financial information, including investment experience and investment objectives, risk tolerance; passport number, identity card, citizen identification or driver’s license, tax identification number, etc.
- When providing financial services to users and in strict compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, information may be collected about users indirectly from monitoring or other means (e.g. recording of calls and monitoring of e-mails). In these cases, the information is not continuously accessed, but the information may be used to meet compliance regulations or for security purposes.
- Scope of information use
- KIS may use users’ personal information to:
- Administrate, operate, support and manage user transactions and/or accounts with KIS
- This may include sharing information internally as well as disclosing it to third parties in accordance with Section 5 below.
- Communicate with the user or, if applicable, or the user’s authorized person by post, telephone, email, fax, etc. regarding the transaction and/or the account of the user. friend;
- Provide users with information (such as investment research), recommendations, or advice on products and services provided by KIS;
- Support for KIS’s business activities, including risk assessment and management and legal compliance.
- If the user’s transaction with KIS terminates, KIS will continue to process the user’s personal information, to the extent we can, as described in this clause.
- Measures KIS takes to protect information confidentiality
- KIS uses security measures, in accordance with applicable law, to protect personal information against unauthorized access or use. However, the open nature of the global information system is that personal information can be spread beyond the control of the security measures employed by KIS; and the information may be accessed and used by others who are not required to receive the information.
- To protect against unauthorized access to personal information by third parties, all electronic personal information will be kept by KIS on a protected security system and an appropriate response system.
- When a user contacts KIS to inquire about a website or service, KIS can confirm the user’s identity on the phone before exchanging information. The questions and answers that the user selects when logging into this website for the first time may be used for this identification process.
- Circumstances in which KIS is permitted to disclose information
KIS does not disclose personal information of users to third parties, except as described in this clause:
- KIS may disclose and share personal information of customers to branches, transaction offices, representative offices and subsidiaries, affiliated companies of KIS in accordance with the law to carry out the work. provide services.
- KIS may disclose users’ personal information (i) to its internal or external auditors or attorneys; (ii) when KIS deems that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss associated with an investigation of illegal or suspected illegal transactions France.
- KIS may also share personal information with government agencies and law enforcement agencies when required or required by law, rule, regulation or legal process, including but not limited to: without limitation, reporting to government agencies or performing any obligations KIS may have as necessary, such as providing information at the request of a court or authority or with other organizations such as the State Securities Commission, the Stock Exchanges and the Vietnam Securities Depository Center.
- KIS may disclose or share personal information of users to independent third parties with whom KIS has contracted to provide services on behalf of KIS. In this case, KIS will require the third party to agree to comply with appropriate security and privacy standards or to commit to providing the same and reasonable level of security as KIS when handling personal information. In addition, KIS may share to a successor legal entity in the event of a merger, acquisition or similar transaction personal information and other information collected through the website and through the provision of information. service.
- User Responsibilities
The user is responsible for the absolute confidentiality of the password to access this website. In the event that the password is stolen or suspected to have been disclosed, the user must immediately notify KIS by email. The failure of the user to notify or delay in notifying KIS of the lost or suspected loss of a password shall be a reasonable ground for the removal/disclaimer of KIS from any damages or losses to the user. with user information.
- Other Terms